Friday, July 13, 2007

The Paris

Hey, all! Haven’t updated in a while since internet access in France is outrageously BAD. Anyway, I spent two weeks in Provence eating cheese and drinking wine before I took the train up here to Paris. I’m taking a summer class at the American University of Paris until August 10th.

A few days ago, I arrived in Paris all by myself. Lost. Confused. Walking around aimlessly through the streets with an embarrassingly bright blue duffel bag in a foreign country. After a while, I finally found my hostel/living quarters down some dark alley and across the street from a mental institution. Sweet.

After I put my stuff in my room, I wandered the streets once again for a cyber café so I could check my email. I have to reiterate how bad computer access is in Paris. While I’m normally joined at the hip with my computer at school, I felt completely naked here in France. Lost. Confused. Naked. In the streets of Paris.

Oh, and starving. I also hadn’t eaten much for about two days. I’m so stingy to begin with, and the conversion rate makes me want to starve myself rather than buy a meal. I eventually obtained some fine Parisian dining for about 4 Euros, which, if I calculated it correctly, is equivalent to about $275:



My First Parisian Meal:





Current Score:

Paul: 0 France: 1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Paris on Bastille Day.... My daughter is in Paris for a few days before heading to Annecy...

Anonymous said...

I hear that the people from the mental institution throw great keggers!