Friday, June 22, 2007

The Paycheck

So, the University of Michigan gave me a rash. No joke. Allow me to explain:

For some reason, my last paycheck from my school job didn’t go through and I didn’t get paid for my final two weeks. Unfortunately, by payday, I was already home in California, my rent check was already at the landlord’s in Ann Arbor, and the nearest TCF bank was 2000 miles away, so I couldn’t easily make a deposit. When I contacted the payroll people about it, they said it “errored out,” and they would fix it. After nothing happened, I called them again, and they said it “errored out” again because of some financial aid issue. Ultimately, I got paid 3 hours after my rent check was cashed, earning me a hefty $33 fee!

Meanwhile, I was at home preparing to interview for some summer jobs. My dad took my nice clothes to the dry-cleaners, and I only had one chance to go pick them up before my interview. Alas, my parents didn’t leave me any money to pay for it, and I didn’t have any money in my bank accounts (thanks to Michigan Payroll). Bottom line is, I couldn’t get my dry-cleaning. For my interview, I had to borrow one of my dad’s shirts, which he picked up a few days before from the other, “organic” dry cleaner store since the normal dry cleaners had only just reopened following their Store-On-Fire-Clothes-Went-Up-In-Flames debacle from a few months ago. Whatev.

Apparently, the “organic” dry-cleaned clothes had some nasty reaction with my skin, and I got a rash across my arms and shoulders. Sucks.

So because I didn’t get paid, my rent check bounced…And I was charged a $33 fee. And I couldn’t afford dry-cleaning. And I didn’t have any money to buy my Ohio State Football Tickets from the band before they ran out. And I have a rash.

Thanks, Michigan Payroll. You Rock.

0 comments: