Friday, June 22, 2007

The Power Outage

Here is Reason #708 why my family can’t function at home when I’m not there:

So, we have a cable that powers our house that stretches over our swimming pool for some wildly idiotic reason. Anyway, a few weeks before I came home for the summer, all the lights in the house started flickering, and then Ashton’s computer started to make shocking noises until smoke was coming out of it. Eventually, every light and electronic device in the house went out until my dad somehow fixed the cable. Unfortunately, our refrigerator somehow got zapped in the process and wasn’t working anymore. For about a week, our house was sans-Fridge, and my dad accommodated for this by installing Scott’s old dorm room micro-fridge in the laundry room, and (not-so-cleverly) on top of the dryer. This would have been a satisfactory alternative, except the vibrations from the dryer kept tossing around all the food inside and whenever someone opened it, that person would be bombarded with yogurts, or lunch meat, or half-full cans of cat food, as everything fell out onto the floor.

If any of you come over to my house and want something to drink, I suggest opening any soda cans at your own risk! DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM.

0 comments: